Educational Collaborators, a global edtech consulting and professional development firm, seeks an ambitious business development executive (BDE). This person will initially serve as the primary BDE and work with company leadership to build a larger business development team. Previous sales experience in the education industry a must. Sales management experience and/or experience in school administration preferred. Interested applicants, apply here.
Business Development Executive (Education Industry)
The Business Development Executive is a member of the Leadership Team and is responsible for providing strategic Business Development leadership for the company by working to establish long-range goals and strategies and then to leverage company resources to support the execution of those strategies and deliver desired business results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the business development needs of the company
- Works with Leadership Team to establish Annual and Interim Signings and Revenue Objectives for the company
- Works with Leadership Team to advise regarding Pricing and Gross Margin Targets for the company
- Works with Leadership Team to set and manage the budget for the company’s overall Cost of Sales.
- Develops Annual Sales Travel & Expense Budget
- Assists in the development of the Annual Marketing Budget
- Establishes various Sales Operations processes to support Business Development efforts and overall company objectives
- Works closely with Director of Operations and Customer Experience to ensure Sales Operations processes support smooth transitions of signed projects to Delivery
- Works closely with Director of Business Administration to ensure Sales Operations processes support effective revenue collection and expense management
- Works closely with Leadership Team to limit company liability through responsible contractual terms and conditions
- Oversees the curation and protection of company assets related to Business Development such as pre-sale IP and customer lists
- Establishes overall routes-to-market strategy and oversees associated Business Development Efforts
- Manages the relationship of strategic Independent Software Vendor’s (Google, Microsoft, Sphero, etc) and in collaboration with Operations to develop and market platform specific offerings.
- Manages and works directly with the relationships with strategic Value Added Reseller’s to enable and bring to market various services.
- Enables and supports direct resale relationships with select Value Added Reseller’s
- Enables and supports indirect resale relationships with Value Added Reseller’s via distribution
- Works with Director of Operations to support direct sales via Collaborators
- Works with Director of Operations to support follow up sales
- Seeks to recognize, value and respect individuals and their contributions to the company.
- Maintains a positive attitude and contributes to the overall positive culture of the organization
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or higher (Business Administration preferred)
- 5+ years of Education Industry Experience (Direct or Indirect)
- 5+ years of demonstrated consultative or solution sales
- 5+ years of Personnel Management Experience
- Channel Management Experience preferred
- Proven leadership and consensus building skills. Solid and broad understanding of all aspects of the company. Proven negotiation and mediation skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Financial Management Skills
- Strong Personal Selling Skills
- Strong Sales Coaching Skills
- High attention to detail
The position requires an independent worker, capable of working with remote management team members. The position also demands travel, as needed, mostly for conferences and bid presentations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as productivity and project management software, computer and phone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
Position Begins: July 1, 2018